Urban Prep Academies currently operates three open enrollment public charter high schools in high-need communities in the city of Chicago. At capacity, these three schools will enroll approximately 2,000 students. Over 85% of our students qualify for free/reduced lunch and many come to Urban Prep several grade levels behind in the core subject areas.
Students are admitted to the schools via a random lottery with no evaluation of test scores or special needs.
Distinctive elements of the schools program include:
- A rigorous college prep curriculum;
- Extended school day and year;
- Language Arts and math focus;
- Extra-curricular activities;
- Community service requirements;
- Parental engagement expectations;
- Positive school culture;
- Regular professional development for teachers.
For additional information on our three campuses, please visit one of the links to the left. If you have questions about the admissions process please click here.